“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” ~Jim Rohn
Clients and others are always asking for tips on how to more effectively achieve their goals. Here are eight of Carolyn’s favorite tried and true strategies. We hope you’ll give one of them a try.
- Take responsibility. No one other than you is going to create the positive change you want to see in your life. Today can be the beginning of something extraordinary. It’s up to you.
- Go public. Dare to tell others about the positive change you’ve committed to creating here today.
- Partner up. Find someone you trust (friend, co-worker, mentor, coach) who can help you be accountable to your goal(s). Communicate or meet regularly with this person about your progress.
- Practice self-acceptance. Let go of the limiting self-beliefs and stories you’ve been telling yourself about what you can’t do.
- Use imagery. Imagine your end goal. See it. Smell it. Feel it. Make it as real as possible. Then you’ll be that much closer to making it a reality.
- Schedule priorities. Make time for your action items. Do what’s important to you first. The rest can wait.
- Keep track. Keep track of your goals and your progress towards them. Write your goals down and put them someplace visible. Refer to it regularly. Measuring your progress will help you make the course adjustments that are sometimes necessary along the way.
- Don’t stop. The question is not whether you’ll falter or fail. You’re human. Of course you will. The question is whether you’ll distinguish yourself by making sure you don’t stop when you do. As Zig Ziglar says, “Realize that failure is a detour not a dead end.” Practice persistence and stay positive.