Program Support and Development Intern
At New Chapter Coaching, we are committed to improving the quality of communities across Missouri; to making them a better place to live and work for everyone. Leveraging our strengths, we achieve this goal by helping nonprofits and other social change organizations to achieve their goals. We help by providing a wide array of professional and organizational development services from executive coaching to strategic planning.
New Chapter Coaching is a small, woman-owned business centrally located in Columbia. We are well respected in our industry and active in our community. We have grown exponentially every year since being founded in 2008 and more growth is expected.
We’re looking for a professional to join our team. If you share a passion for serving others and want to be a part of our smart, high-energy, and dedicated team of professionals, read on.
At New Chapter Coaching, we know how to create wins and we’re looking to create a winning association with one talented individual; a collaboration where New Chapter Coaching will provide the compensation and regular opportunities to share, stretch, and succeed in a real world environment in return for the individual delivering her/his best work.
This is a paid position that will run for 360 hours with the possibility of being extended. The ideal candidate will be able to work 20-30 hours a week. The Program Support and Development Intern will work directly with the President of New Chapter Coaching.
Duties will include:
- Program and technical support for all phases of historic community-wide strategic planning process dedicated to improving public health. This yearlong project involves the community prioritizing their public health issues, identifying resources for addressing them, and implementing strategies to improve the health of our community. Six phases include partnership development, visioning, four assessments, identifying strategic issues, formulating goals and strategies, and taking action. We are currently in the first phase of this project.
- Organizational development and strategic planning support on specific contracts for nonprofit organizations. Duties will include survey development, and statistical analysis and presentation of data, and report writing.
- Design of curriculum and materials for nonprofit executive roundtables on a wide array of topics related to nonprofit management.
Until position is filled
Anticipated Start Date of Internship
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing an advanced degree
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Significant knowledge of or experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Interest in public policy
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and social networking (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey
- Data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to express him/herself verbally and in writing
- Time (and energy) management skills
- Prioritization and organization skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize on a daily basis, as well as manage time-sensitive longer-term projects
- Ability to handle client and business information in a confidential manner
- Ability to work independently
Preferred Personal Attitude/Qualities:
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Positive attitude
- Professional presentation
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume directly to Carolyn Sullivan, New Chapter Coaching, 3610 Buttonwood Dr., Columbia, MO 65201. You may also email your materials to: Carolyn@newchaptercoach.com .