Succession Planning Workshop
April 26, 2017
Heart of Missouri United Way, 105 East Ash Street, Columbia, MO 65203
Succession Planning: Defining Your Plan For The Future
Every organization needs a solid succession plan to ensure the future of the organization. This doesn’t mean an executive director is thinking of leaving; it means they are focused on the future. In this workshop, you will learn about succession planning models and processes, and receive sample plans and other tools to make succession a breeze.
Facilitator: Jessica Macy
Missouri Nonprofit Executive Roundtable:
An Experience Unlike Any Other
How would you like to be part of a supportive community of nonprofit leaders confidentially brainstorming ideas and solving common problems? We have just the program for you! Our Missouri Nonprofit Executive Roundtable.
The goal of the Nonprofit Executive Roundtable is:
To create a community of supportive nonprofit leaders who are willing to regularly come together to lend creative, collaborative, and wholehearted aid to grow each other’s organizations and inspire each other’s leadership.
At each roundtable meeting, executive directors have an opportunity to learn about best practices and share their creativity and innovation. They also engage in problem-solving about common challenges through a variety of formats including case studies, group discussion of sector topics,
and interactive group work.
Questions, give us a call at 573.228.9600 or email
Here’s what a few participants had to say about their Nonprofit Executive Roundtable experience:
- “The support and collaboration has given me confidence to enhance and expand our services and not get frustrated with the obstacles to overcome.”
- “It was a sanity break every month and a time for me to think creatively-which makes me soar.”
- “It was a wonderful experience. Thank you for the opportunity to grow strong and to look at myself in a new light.”
- “I now manage my staff with a monthly report form gained from a peer. I have also changed our review process with the help of seeing other forms. I am asking my board to be more accountable. I really didn’t know what to have them do! Now they have tasks and two committees working!”
- “I am thinking more and being more intentional about the use of my time and delegating more. I also appreciate the fact that I now have eight or nine other EDs that I can reach out to for advice.”
- “I stop many times in the day and take a deep breath! I have learned to prioritize in a more efficient manner as well as have become a stronger leader.”